There are a number of ways you can participate or support building literacy in the Foothills. Literacy can not stand alone. It is a community responsibility. Check out this website for information on the work Literacy for Life does in in the community:
- Enter a team of 3 ADULTS to compete for the title of the “Gratest Spelling Team” for 2017 (event will have a max. of 12 teams and 10 are registered to date).
- $50 registration fee plus (optional)$100 for mulligans.
- Collect donations. Use this easy online fundraising tool! Grate prizes for the teams that raise the “Gratest Pledges”: 1st place , 2nd place and 3rd place.
- (optional) Sell a book of raffle tickets to raise extra funds. Only 1,500 tickets being printed at $10 each. Prize is $3,000 in Air Canada travel cards and an awesome travel goody bag.
- On event day, your team members should arrive in their “Awesome Costumes”. Invite family and friends to come and cheer you on! *New* this year is a prize to the Audience Member with the Gratest Costume!
Go to this LINK for more information on the bee and to get your entry forms.
If entering a team isn’t your bag but you still want to help:
- Sell raffle tickets – email email@example.com or call Stephanie @ 403-652-5090.
- Purchase a raffle ticket(s) for $10 each – contact the Literacy for Life office at 403-652-5090 or watch for volunteers at various community events – e.g. High River Hospital, and High River Farmer’s Markets to name just a few). The draw date is December 27th – Grate gifts for Christmas – do your charitable giving with the chance of winning a grate prize.
- Donate – all funds support literacy programs in the MD of Foothills. Each team will have an onlinne fundraising page. Support your favorite team by following this link!
- Like Literacy for Life’s Facebook page and Instagram, or follow them on Twitter and share posts/tweets about the Bee:
- Come out and cheer the teams on! Be prepared to LAUGH ALOT!
- Join us in the Foothills Cardboard Challenge from June to September. Literacy for Life is challenging families in the Foothills to have fun and get creative. Post a picture of your creation to our Facebook and/or Instagram. On September 30th 2017, from 12:30 to 3:30 pm come down to the Grate Groan Up Spelling Bee, have fun and participate in some creative play. Material will be provided. We will take pictures and post them to our Instagram and print them to post on our Creativity Board. You can take your item home and enjoy. (We are hoping families and schools would get involved over June, the summer and into July) Check out this link to find out more about the Foothills Cardboard Challenge
- Buy a Bee for Literacy! June 1st to June 30th you can support literacy in the Foothills by purchasing a bee for only a Toonie at the Okotoks and High River Sobeys and AG Country Mart in Black Diamond. Every little bit helps.